Sunday, September 16, 2007

The bicycle is parked, the ride is finished!


The 4,670 miles ride is over. After getting to Yorktown, we managed to hike down this trail with our bikes to take a pic with the wheels in the Atlantic Ocean. Reminds me of Florence, without the sand Dunes. Also took a swim in the warm waters of the mouth of the York River...
Time to eat bagels and cream cheese and sit on our sore bottoms on a couch or something a little different then the bike seat. Meaghan drove down all the way to Yorktown and then drove us back to her D.C. home last night. Finally washed those stinky clothes and took showers (it's sad though, I was getting to like my B O), and rest our legs, which have quite a beating in the last month of riding 80+ mile days and only a few breaks. There was only 1 day of our entire trip that we didn't get on the bikes once and that was Golden City, Missouri, when we experienced the best pie from coast to coast. I'm sure Sarah will write some final words of wisdom when I stop hogging this computer. Thanks to all of you who made this blog worth keeping!
-Derek

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations guys!!! I'm so proud of you! I love having you here in VA, you can stop by anytime you want too....no matter what form of transportation you take.